Saturday, May 1, 2010

Genius and courage


Here are some apple blossoms on a tree I met for the first time today.

Today has turned to tomorrow and sleep beckons so I will keep this short. I agree with all of the books that Jenny listed in comment to the last post and I'll also add the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis as an incredible metaphor.

Here is a quote that points in the direction I'm moving:
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Einstein

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stormy,

    What a lovely picture to see today. Next year at this time I will be in my new home in Kelowna--was also my previous home as a child--back on an apple orchard. May 1st is my birthday and we always had a running bet to see if the apples would be in bloom for my birthday. My dad the farmer usually was right, as he would know based on how the winter went, and how awake the trees were. Kelowna had a very mild winter this year, and all the fruit trees are in bloom...I'm just not there to see them, so thank you for the picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete