Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wonder

Today I'll try a different way to explain what this path is about.

Seeing the extraordinary in the ordinary is facing the right direction

There are many things we choose to do in life, and there is one thing that will make us feel completely fulfilled. I could say it is a human's one and only purpose in life.

I have found that one thing. The trouble is, now that I've found it, I can't tell you what it is. You wouldn't believe me anyway if I tried and I am a poor candidate to represent this ... this ... possibility.

I have chosen to learn over the past 26 years how to do seemingly extraordinary things with horses and how to teach this to others. The current endeavor I call the "Path of the Horse". This path entails learning from horses and humans and teaching humans how to come into relationship with horses in ways that don't involve pain or force. This is one of the things I choose to do in life. Whether I am successful in this pursuit or not, has no bearing on the one thing that I am here to do.

I've spent far too many hours now at the computer trying to figure out how to put this and my kitty will be demanding that I come to bed. Tomorrow will likely be another work in progress, and I'll do my best again to bring myself in closer alignment with this purpose.

May you all wonder

(Thank you Shellee)

4 comments:

  1. Blimey, you can't dangle it in front of us and then not tell us. Out with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you - I feel it, too - I think more than we know are also "aware" or are becoming "aware" - words fail me, but here are a couple of quotes I like that intimate it.

    "Spirituality is tht place where the utterly intimate and the vastly infinite meet."
    -Rick Fields

    "Spirituality is the sacred center of which all life come, including Mondays and Tuesdays and rainy Saturday afternoons in all their mundane and glorious details." - Christina Baldwin

    "We are not born all at once, but by bits. The body first, and the spirit later."
    - M. Antin, 1912

    ReplyDelete
  3. All right, here it is:
    http://www.chabad.org/library/moshiach/default.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here:
    http://www.ronrolheiser.com/columnarchive/archive_display.php?rec_id=508

    ReplyDelete